01 Nov Avoid the Flu: Boost Your Immune System
It is that time of year again. The time of year where the temperatures drop, more people spend time indoors, and we all find ourselves subject to cold and flu season. There is nothing you can do to prevent cold and flu season from happening, but there are things you can do to increase your chances of avoiding the flu altogether. The key to avoiding the flu is to boost your immune system so it can fight off the flu virus should you come in contact with it. Here are our best tips for avoiding the flu and bolstering your immune system while you’re at it.
- Get the flu shot. If you want to lessen your chances of getting the flu, then you need to get the flu shot. Since the flu contains a small strand of the virus, it actually boosts your immunity to the flu by injecting a small amount t of the virus into your system, so you build immunity to the virus itself.
- Lower your stress. Lifestyle changes can have a huge impact on the immune system. One of the best things that you can do to help your immune system thrive is to lower your stress. When you have a constant stream of stress hormones, it can make it difficult for your body to focus on keeping you well. Combat your stress the natural way with relaxation technique and exercise.
- Take vitamin C. Vitamin C is one of the best ways to boost your immune system naturally. You can take supplements or eat lots of fruits and veggies. Either way, you will need to take your vitamin C daily in order to see the immune-boosting benefits.
- Stay hydrated. A hydrated body is a well-functioning body. If you keep your system hydrated the way it is supposed to, it can help your immune system work properly. If you are looking for an extra boost of hydration and some immune system help, we recommend our Hydration Hero IV treatments. You can even get ones with vitamin C that can help your immune system even more.
- Get enough sleep. You need 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night to allow your body, and your immune system to recover. Sleeping enough every night will boost your body’s defenses so you can recharge and fight off the flu.
If you want to make an appointment for your flu shot or have any questions about boosting your immune system, give us a call here at LT Men’s Clinic. You can schedule your appointment by calling us directly at 817-369-3605.