04 Mar 10 Common Causes of ED
Erectile Dysfunction, or ED, is an extremely common condition among men today. And while some men just assume this is part of getting older—it is not. While ED is more common in older men, it does not have to be a part of your life. This is because many things can cause ED and many things can
The first step in making sure that ED doesn’t impact your life is to understand what can cause Erectile Dysfunction. Here are 10 of the most common causes of ED.
- Diet- Poor nutrition can lead to an issue with erections. The best way to prevent the onset of ED is to eat a healthy antioxidant-rich diet, mostly from vegetables. The deeper the color—the more antioxidants a vegetable has.
- Exercise- Staying active can help any man maintain healthy, normal erections. This doesn’t mean you have to go out and run marathons—but you should maintain an active lifestyle.
- Depression- Men who are depressed are less likely to be able to get and maintain an erection. It is also important to note that depression medication is known to have a serious impact on sexual performance and can cause ED.
- Body Weight- Excess body weight can have a serious impact on a man’s health—particularly when it comes to his erectile function. Excess weight can actually alter your hormones—and impact your ability to get an erection.
- Disuse- Failing to stay sexually active, can impact a man’s ability to get an erection when the time comes. Typically, you want to stay sexually active a few times per week to keep the blood flowing and to keep your nerves active and healthy in this area.
- Excess Alcohol Intake- Too much alcohol can damage the brain and liver—it can even impact your testicles. These are responsible for producing testosterone. While it takes a while to see these effects, substantial, on-going alcohol abuse can really impact your hormones and your erections.
- Marijuana- While marijuana doesn’t have a lot of notable side effects, one of the few effects is that it can reduce a man’s testosterone levels—which many times, results in ED.
- Using Blood Pressure Medication- Many men regularly take blood pressure medications, but this common treatment is known to have erectile dysfunction as a side effect.
- Vascular Health- If you have health issues in your arteries or veins, it can cause issues throughout the body—elevating cholesterol, causing an increase in blood pressure and even nervous system issues. It can also impact the ability to get the necessary blood flow for erections.
- Sleep Apnea- Sleep disorders are quite common—and those who struggle with sleep apnea are proven to have a higher chance of developing ED. Sleep treatment may be able to help.
If you have questions about ED, or are looking for proven treatments that can help preserve the signs of ED, then give LT Men’s Clinic a call today. You can reach us at 817-369-3605 to schedule an appointment. We are here to help you not only understand the causes of ED but to help make sure that you get the treatment that you need to get your life and your hormones back on track.