26 Jun 45+? Here’s A Sexual Health Checklist
There are so many wonderful things that can come your way as you start to age. However, there are also a number of different areas of your health that you need to stay on top of as you grow older. If you are a man, age 45 or older, then it is essential that you are well aware of your current sexual health condition and making sure that you are staying healthy during this phase in your life. As you age, your hormones can start to change, which can ultimately impact your sex life. This is why everyone should have a sexual health checklist to make sure that they are not only able to perform sexual activities but that they are being safe with their sexual health as well.
- Do you have a sexual problem or do you struggle to perform? Low testosterone could be to blame. If you have low T, bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT) may be able to help so you can continue to perform sexually as normal.
- Are you taking medications that can impact your sex life? It is important to know what medications you are taking and how these medications may affect your sex life. There are certain common medications like blood pressure medication and antidepressants that can cause sexual dysfunction or low libido.
- Have you gotten a physical lately? Regular medical checkups are an important part of staying healthy—which includes maintaining good sexual health. In addition to regular checkups you should also exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet and try to limit smoking and alcohol consumption.
- Are you managing stress? Stress management is a serious issue for many men age 45 and older. Stress can also impact your sex-life, which is why it is important to keep your stress levels under control.
- Are you practicing safe sex? Make sure you are keeping track of how many sexual partners you’ve had in the last few months and whether or not you have been using condoms. If you have been having unprotected sex, or notice any sores, rashes or issues on your genitals, you may want to go in for a STD test.
Sex is a really important part of the aging process. It can help you live longer, experience less depression and anxiety and even help with health issues like low blood pressure. It can also help you have closer, more meaningful relationships with your partner.
Here at LT Men’s Clinic, we can help you get a better idea of your current sexual health and help you stay healthy and active. We can take a blood test to measure your testosterone levels right in our clinic. We can also help you with BHRT and help you determine if these therapies can help you stay healthy and sexually active well into your 50s, 60s and beyond. We are here to help, so give us a call at (817) 369-3605 to schedule an appointment today to learn more about low T, hormone replacement therapy and more.