29 Nov 5 Ways to Boost Strength and Stamina
There are many men out there that find themselves all of a sudden struggling with their strength and stamina. Perhaps their workouts are becoming more challenging. Perhaps they don’t have the energy to get through the day. Or perhaps they see and feel themselves losing muscle tone. While some men may chalk up these changes to aging, in many situations, there is something else going on.
Feeling like you are losing strength and stamina can be difficult. It can prevent you from feeling like yourself and doing all of the things that you want to do. The good news is, there are a number of different ways that you can help boost strength and stamina so that you can continue to enjoy the quality of life that you deserve. Here are five of the most effective ways to see this type of change.
- Sleep is one of the most powerful ways that you can restore your strength and stamina. Sleep is crucial for athletic performance and for maintaining strength and stamina. Your body needs to get into REM sleep. Remember, that the amount of sleep you need changes as you age. Teens need 8 ½-9 hours and adults need 7-9.
- Dehydration is one of the biggest reasons people lose stamina. In addition to drinking 8-10 glasses of water each and every day, you may want to consider other forms of helping you get re-hydrated. IV therapies, such as the Hydration Hero services offered at LT Men’s Clinics can help anyone get the extra boost of hydration that they need.
- Diet – There are so many health and wellness issues that all come down to diet. What you put in your body can drastically change how you feel, how much energy you have and how well your muscles recover. Take a moment to really look at your diet. How healthy is it? Introducing lots of vegetables, whole grains, and lean proteins into your diet, while keeping it as clean and natural as possible is going to give your strength and stamina a major boost.
- Switch up your workouts. Exercising is a great way to keep your strength and stamina up. However, many men start to realize their deficiencies in this area whenever they are in the middle of their workouts. The best way to prevent this from happening is to switch up your workouts. Routine can be the enemy when it comes to struggling with strength and stamina.
- Hormone Therapy. For men, there is no bigger culprit behind dwindling strength and stamina than hormonal imbalances. Low testosterone or Low T impacts millions of men of all ages and backgrounds, yet many men have yet to have this hormonal imbalance diagnosed. Hormone therapy can help restore testosterone levels in the body so men can continue to feel like themselves. Hormone therapies can be administered through pellets, injections, patches or creams.
Here at LT Men’s Clinic, we are dedicated to helping our patients regain the strength and stamina that they are looking for. Before exploring other options, it is wise to get your hormone levels checked as hormonal imbalances are often the most common causes for strength and stamina challenges in men. Checking your hormone levels is quick, painless and easy and we can do it right here in our office at LT Men’s Clinic. Give us a call at (817) 369-3605 to schedule your appointment to come in and have your hormone levels checked so you can start feeling like yourself again.