13 Nov 6 Warning Signs of Male Menopause
Most people know about the serious hormonal changes that happen during menopause and all of the symptoms that women endure during this time. However, what many people don’t realize is that there is a similar condition for men. Known as “male menopause” or andropause, it is a very real medical issue that occurs when a man’s testosterone levels get too low. Every adult man should be aware of the warning signs of male menopause and what symptoms to be on the lookout for.
- General Fatigue- This includes experiencing a sudden and unexplained lack of energy. Many men find they simply no longer have the energy to do their favorite hobbies or activities, they may struggle to get out of bed in the morning or have issues getting through the day.
- Muscle Weakness- When general muscle weakness results in an inability to perform routine tasks—it may be a sign of low testosterone.
- Struggling to Concentrate- A new difficulty with concentrating or remembering things may not just be a “sign” of growing older, it can be an indication of developing andropause.
- Sexual Performance Issues- Experiencing a lack of sexual performance, struggling to get or maintain an erection or finding a general lack of interest in sex can all be a sign of low testosterone and may require a visit with your doctor.
- Sleep Disturbances- Struggling to fall asleep and stay asleep isn’t a normal part of aging. Sleep disturbances can be linked to low testosterone.
- Changes in Mood- This is perhaps one of the most noticeable changes that men experience when they are going through andropause. Sudden and unpredictable changes in mood and irritability are all signs of a hormonal imbalance.
If you have questions about “male menopause” or any symptoms of low testosterone that you may be experiencing, call us at 817-369-3605 to learn more about male menopause and how our testosterone treatments can help.