01 Dec Advantages of Shockwave Therapy For Pain Relief
There are millions of people who deal with chronic pain every day. And for many of these people with certain orthopedic issues, shockwave therapy is the key to getting their life back.
So, what exactly is shockwave therapy?
A shockwave is an acoustic wave that carries a high level of energy to painful spots and tissues in the body. This energy specifically targets those with subacute, sub-chronic, and chronic conditions that cause serious pain. When used properly, the energy from this treatment promotes regeneration and helps to repair bones, tendons, and soft tissues.
How is this therapy used?
Shockwave therapy is a multidisciplinary device used by medical professions in orthopedics, physiotherapy, sports medicine, and urology. The goal of this treatment is to provide fast pain relief and restore mobility. This non-invasive treatment is a great alternative to surgical treatments and the patient doesn’t have to deal with the potentially risky painkillers.
And unlike pain killers, this therapy not only treats discomfort but helps to restore mobility in these areas as well. This treatment doesn’t hurt and lasts only a few minutes.
What other benefits come with shockwave therapy?
Shockwave therapy is ushering in a whole new era for chronic pain relief. And many medical experts are excited to find that this treatment comes with many other benefits in addition to pain relief. This includes:
– The formation of new blood vessels. This will help start and maintain the repair processes of damaged tissue.
– Treats and dissolves calcified fibroblasts. Calcium buildup is a common condition that often results in traumas and micro-tears in the tendons.
– Reversal of chronic inflammation. The acoustic waves used in shockwave therapy specifically target mast cells. These mast cells are the key factor in the inflammatory process.
– Stimulates collagen. This is a necessary component of the repair process, specifically in repairing ligaments and myoskeletal damages.
– Releases trigger points, which are a leading cause of back, neck, and shoulder pain using acoustic energy.
With benefits like this standing behind shockwave therapy, it is easy to see why so many people are turning to this treatment to finally get the pain relief that they need.
There are so many advantages of shockwave therapy and here at LT Men’s Clinic, we are excited to help our patients take advantage of shockwave therapy treatments. If you have questions, just call our team at 817-369-3605 to schedule an appointment today.