01 Dec What To Know About Female Sexual Dysfunction
While many associate sexual dysfunctions as an issue that only impacts men, countless women struggle regularly with female sexual dysfunction. Even though many women (and men) don’t understand the prevalence of female sexual dysfunction, more information on the subject can help foster more understanding.
Let’s start with the basics.
First, female sexual dysfunction is a term used to describe persistent, recurring issues with sexual desire, response, orgasms, or pain. This term can be used to describe any of these problems that put a strain on the woman in question or her sexual partner.
While many women will experience, some type of sexual dysfunction throughout the years, many women struggle with it throughout their entire lives. This problem can occur in virtually any woman and can happen at any age.
Symptoms of Female Sexual Dysfunction
Before you can start treating or working to prevent female sexual dysfunction, it is important to understand what the symptoms are of this condition. While symptoms can vary from person to person, the most common signs to look for include the following:
– Low sexual desire, including a lack of interest or willingness to be sexual.
– Difficult with arousal, women who have sexual desire, but struggle to get aroused or stay aroused during the act may have a sexual arousal disorder.
– Orgasmic disorder occurs when a woman has persistent issues in achieving an orgasm after ongoing stimulation or sexual arousal.
– Sexual pain can also lead to female sexual dysfunction. This happens when a woman has pain associated with sexual stimulation or vaginal contact.
Causes of Female Sexual Disfunction
There is no direct cause of female sexual dysfunction, however, there are risk factors that may put certain women at higher risk of having this condition. Major fluctuations in hormones including those caused by childbirth or during menopause are often common.
Other potential causes include:
– Major illnesses including heart disease or diabetes
– Physical conditions
– Certain medications including some antidepressants and antihistamines
– Untreated anxiety
– Issues or conflicts with your partner
– Body image issues
– Neurological conditions
– Gynecological conditions
In some of these cases, if you treat the underlying issue, then you can treat the sexual dysfunction as well. However, in some cases, it may not be possible to simply treat the cause. The good news is, there are new scientific advancements that are helping treat female sexual dysfunction on its own, so women who struggle with this problem can finally get the help that they need.
These come in the form of prescription medications such as Addyi and Vylessi. These medications are leading the way in helping to treat female sexual dysfunction without unwanted side effects.
These medications are simple to use, effective, and can help many women finally overcome their sexual dysfunction. Here at LT Men’s Clinic, we are excited to see advancements in treatment options such as this. Our doctors can help you get the medication you need to get your life back. Just call our team at – to schedule an appointment and learn more about the treatments that can help you overcome sexual dysfunction.