11 Feb Why You Should Consult Your Doctor About Weight Loss
Losing weight can be one of the most difficult prospects that people today face. Whether you need to make some dramatic changes for your health, or if you are just looking to lose those last few pounds, dropping weight can be very challenging. This is why you should consider consulting your doctor regarding your weight loss efforts.
You may want to take on your weight loss journey by yourself, in fact, many people find this to be a very private and even uncomfortable journey to discuss. However, your doctor will be able to help you with guidance, treatments, advice, coaching and valuable information that will completely change your journey for the better. Here are a few of the many benefits of why you should consult your doctor about weight loss.
- Doctors can help you determine your BMI. An average BMI (body mass index) is between 18.5 and 24.9. A doctor can help determine what your BMI is and if you have a dangerously high BMI that could result in serious health issues.
- A doctor can help prescribe you a weight loss plan that coordinates with any pre-existing conditions that you have. Physical health issues can impact your weight loss success and having a doctor supervise your efforts can help you make sure that you aren’t doing anything to hurt or harm yourself.
- Your doctor can help diagnose any conditions that may be impacting your weight. You may have an issue like diabetes, thyroid or hormonal issues that are impacting your weight gain, and your doctor can help you determine the cause of your weight gain, if it is something more serious than lack of exercise and a poor diet.
- A doctor can help you with any mental health concerns that may be getting in the way of your weight loss or that may be causing your weight gain.
- A doctor can help you develop a nutrition plan that will ensure you are getting enough healthy food and that you are able to provide your body with the fuel it needs to stay healthy and burn away fat so that you can easily drop those unwanted pounds. Dieting is about more than eating less, it is about eating right, and your doctor can help you understand the difference.
If you have questions about weight loss, or if you are interested in some of our different weight loss treatments or therapies, call LT Men’s Clinic today. You can schedule an appointment by calling LT Men’s Clinic at 817-369-3605. We can help provide you with the ongoing guidance and support you need to finally drop those stubborn pounds and live the healthy life that you deserve.